Strategic Thinking - 2 Days
Applicable For: Managers
The aim of this first workshop in the programme is to help managers to explore strategic thinking skills in a practical and collaborative way.
Too often, managers mistake having knowledge of established strategic models for an ability to think and act in a strategic manner. This workshop will focus on developing the cognitive skills (insight, analysis, decision making, critical and creative thinking, good judgement, etc) required to think strategically.
The course aims to move delegates from a position where they try to fit their business into existing strategic models to a position where they are able to build and share their own models that help them to make sense of the challenges and dynamics of their marketplace and their business culture.
In short we want to move the delegates away from models that were designed for a different era towards a more fluid and agile method for creating strategy
Workshop content will include
- The changing face of strategic thinking
- Understanding where strategy comes from and the different approaches for creating a business strategy
- Why strategy fails (an examination of how culture, personality, corporate hubris and disruptive competition can all combine to make your strategy fail)
- A re-evaluation of the classic strategic models. Do they still have any relevance in a digitally driven globalised marketplace?
- The new rules of competition. Why transient advantage matters more than anything else
- How to create new and different customer experiences as a means of staying
- How to define and communicate strategic rules for the business as a whole (to inspire and empower your management teams)
- How behavioural economics is changing the way business leaders are thinking about strategy
- How to use different modelling techniques to help clarify your strategic position and identify your options. (Including Business Model Canvas, 3D Modelling, and Asset Mapping)
- Decision Making methods for Business Leaders
- Personal Action Planning